Tuesday 7 May 2013

Getting Back On Track

It’s take n me some time to get back on the project and to make a new post so I shall delay no Longer.  Well after the disaster of last week I took a few days to rethink how I was going to make the side panels for the chest piece, the idea I came up with was to add some 1.5mm styrene strip to the back of the piece to give it some extra thickness, then to build the side strips up in 3 layers of 0.8mm styrene strip.  I also opted to split the strips in half as opposed to the original where I laid one long strip across the front

14 - thikness increased side panels shown15 - side strips added to original part

 

At this point I decided that constructing a couple of secondary chest pieces might be a good Idea, I had originally intended to construct replicas of the versions used on the original Micronauts and on the Palisades reissues but recently I had re-thought that idea and decided to construct a single chest piece with the same styling as the originals a hybrid of the various ones that were available.

03_G06_G10_G13_Gprotochestpttglowpartsttnewchestp

Originally I had the notion of casting these parts as a conversion kit and came up with the idea of creating a “blank” chest piece to fill the void so that anyone could create their own versions for the figure. I’m not sure if I will still be casting these parts but I decided to create a “blank” anyway just in case or if I wanted to make some different ones myself, I also set about making a third one to create a version of the more rounded one that came with the originals.

16 - Making a second chest piece to act as a blank06_G

Well that's as far as I have gotten so far with the project, I’m hoping to get some time on it today to get at least one of the layers of styrene strip glued into shape on the back plate of the chest piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment