Thursday 16 May 2013

Getting there

Ok been a few days since I last posted any progress so here is a quick update on the progress.

well I have got the third layer of strip fitted to the model and have filled the front part of the chest piece ready for sanding to eliminate all the gaps where the strip was formed around the compound curve. and then used some squadron putty to fill the gap between the chest piece sides and the body for that “perfect” fit.

21 - Chest Piece with three layes and putty added for final fit22 - Chest Piece with three layes and putty added for final fit side

I left this for a few days to set up fully then removed it from the body to sand it smooth so that I can begin to make progress on the front piece ready for detail

23 - Chest Piece with putty dried ready for sanding24 - Chest Piece with putty dried ready for sanding

ok well that's as far as I have gone at the moment due to needing to progress some other projects hopefully I will get some more pics of the progress on the front piece up on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment