Monday 29 April 2013

Learning Lessons

Well I decided yesterday to slip in an hour or two’s work on the good ol Micro dude in-between other projects for my upcoming site and magazine re-launch. It all started so well with fitting the strips of plastic to the chest piece insert to create the side “straps” all that was needed then was to heat them up and gently bend them over.

11 - Strips Added To Chest Piece

 

Well from there it went down hill I spent more time singing my fingers with the heat than the plastic, when I got it hot enough to be slighlty flopy I bent it to discover the top curve was too sharp and caused the top strip to split.

12 - Split after Bending13 Split after bending 2

The lessons I learned from this? well one don’t use 2.5mm plastic strip for the side “straps” and looking back at it I had done the same thing on the prototype I built ages ago so I guess don’t be stupid and repeat past mistakesSmile well the upside is that plan B can now be put into effect, and with the procurment of some thinner strip styrene I can move on with the project on the weekend, I just hope it goes better or I’ll be running out of Alphabet in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment