Sunday 21 April 2013

The Odyssey Begins

A few years ago I came up with the crazy idea to create an 8” Micronaut Time Traveller based on the old 3.75” action Figures from my childhood for those of you who don’t Know them this is what they look like.

ttraveleropaquettravelerfrontTime_Traveler_MOC_Orange_C-9_5-_Unp_Canadian

I figured the best way to do this was to stay in the Family so to speak so I decided to use an 8” Mego Body I opted to go for the ones produced by Doc Mego as they are Easy to Glue and sturdy to work with. as a result I came up with a prototype for my Time Traveller

Well all This was about 2 years ago and just after I got that far a move was on to a new house, so it was put to one side and left while I helped get the house up and running and got my new workshop up and running plus invested in some new tools and as all this was going on Slowly crept on and with work and other projects that came up, next thing it was about two years later. well with my new shop almost done I decided a few months back that it would be nice to revive the project, along with the even crazier notion of recreating a whole bunch of the other Micronaut Characters as well.

I thought about working on the old one again and decided that there were one or two improvements I could make to it, Plus a lot of the old Scratch Build Projects and Kits were still In a large box in my dungeon Workshop, so I set about making a whole new Time Traveller once again from an 8” mego body. My intention once complete is to cast the body in clear resin and in a coloured resin to represent both versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment